Monday, July 18, 2011

Not Much Going On

I've been quilting, but so far there's only one quilt finished.  I've got another ready to bind, but I'm not sure what to bind it with.  I've got another two sandwiched, but this is the only photo I have.  It seems bright enough to me, but as I observe, many don't like yellow.  It seems to be a color that you either like or hate.  I hope this quilt is one someone will like.  The green doesn't photograph well and looks a little off, but in real life it does go with the greens in the bright floral fabric.

 One day, when cutting, I made three or four "strippie" cut outs from Mary Quilts 
Mary makes many quilt patterns and along with the string quilts this quilt is an easy fast donation quilt staple for me.  

It's taken me awhile to get back the energy from last week when the grands were here.  I've been in a bit of a slump--wrong diet and when I eat any wheat, I seem to get quite lethargic, but it is ample when the grands are here as that is what they like--although they didn't really care for granny's whole grain pancakes!  Guess next time I'll have to have more kid food!

 

2 comments:

Mary said...

I like the yellow! I think it works well in this one.

QuiltSue said...

I agree, it seems to take ages to recover from a grandchild visit. Our youngest grandson was here this weekend and after they left on Sunday afternoon, we were exhausted and spent the rest of the day sitting reading!