Sunday, July 24, 2011


On one of the hottest days of the year, my mother traveled while in labor to a small hospital in rural Utah nearly 50 miles to deliver her first born--ME!

Happy Birthday to me means a big celebration as it is Utah's state birthday too (well, actually they call it pioneer day as statehood came later--much later)!  Always a parade--but I never join in.  Not much into parade's and celebrations, but love cake and today I'll have some gluten free chocolate brownies!  For today, the quilting will rest as we enjoy a clean house and a slow pace!

7 comments:

Cheri said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday....relax and enjoy.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Happy BIrthday - it is your day to celebrate your way.

LindaSue said...

Have a wonderful birthday today. You are a really great person and I hope to see you soon, again. Trying to come in September and if not at xmas.

QuiltSue said...

Happy birthday. I hope the brownies were good. Did you have candles on them to blow out and make a wish?

BrendaLou said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Glad to hear it was a good one.

Helen in the UK said...

Belated Happy Birthday :)