Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ya Know What Really Feels Good?!!

Completion!  Remember those flimsies I had in the closet?  Well, I sandwiched a couple and then I needed a bit of diversion and now they are complete.
This one is the Batik Asterisk Quilt.   I first blogged about this one here: http://pattilousquilts.blogspot.com/2011/06/inspiration-how-does-it-start.html I stopped at 12 blocks rather than 20.   Found some gray fabric I'd just purchased and added to the backing.  I think most of that fabric is used--just tiny bits left for addition to string quilts.


I channel quilted it and here is a close up.  It was so easy and definitely liberated!  Well, I call it channel quilting.  I've seen it in other quilts, just straightish rows, not exactly measured to perfection and I used the quilting foot rather than free motion quilting.
 Now on to some liberation of color.  The nine patches started it all and when I purchased the pink and black I also purchased one of Freddy Moran's book--so that explains the wild use of black and white.  I thought, I'd get a fabric in the mail from a couple of my purchases, but no, the best fabric was one from the stash of Bev in Alaska--the pink elephants just seemed to want to dance into this quilt!  

 And the backing is wild too!


And then here is the first post about this quilt http://pattilousquilts.blogspot.com/2011/06/this-and-that.html

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

What is channel quilting?

QuiltSue said...

I love the contrast between the different quilts here. I also loved the elephants.