Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back to My World

The gorgeous quilts of a quilt show are a marked difference from my comfort quilts for donations.  I've been working away at finishing up some scrappy things around here.  One of them is this autumn colored crumb quilt.
 It worked up really fast since the blocks were already done and I simply set them in a more modernistic style.  I quilted it with just a random quilting and then luckily I found some fabric that would work for the binding.  I love doing crumb blocks.  Every piece of fabric in them reminds me of a quilt that I've made and the time of my life when making that quilt.  It's quite relaxing.  Sometimes I get a little antsy about using up all the scraps and sometimes I just have to start throwing the leftovers away just to give my mind some space!  I guess that is the ADD I sometimes struggle with.  

I've still got the challenge quilt to work on.  Getting paranoid about cutting into the fabric I just got for that.  What is it about making that FIRST CUT of new fabric???

No comments: