Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gladys Finished These for Me

On the Stashbusters Yahoo Group is a lady who takes projects that others don't want to finish or haven't yet finished.  She takes these "PIGS" to her Iowa "PIG" (projects in grocery sacks) Farm and finishes them and then donates them locally to many places.  Her quilts can go to young and old.  I had some starts that I knew wouldn't be too kid friendly and I wasn't enthused about finishing them, so I sent them to her.  Recently, she posted these pictures in the photo section of that group.

This is from Bev in Alaska's stash.
...and from my stash a couple of tops I put together and Gladys finished them into quilts.


It is so nice to be able to find a place where unfinished beginnings find a finisher and then a new home. Thanks and a big hug to Gladys!

4 comments:

KatieQ said...

I think that was a great idea. The most important thing was for Bev's blocks/stash to comfort someone who needed them. That's exactly what will happen.

Carol E. said...

A great relief for you, and nice quilts for someone who needs the comfort. Bev would be pleased.

QuiltSue said...

What a great idea, and it makes sure that you don't just have "stuff" languishing in a cupboard when it could become a quilt for someone who needs it.

Bridget said...

This person is a saint! What an excellent example of a giving person.