Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's About Time for a Finish!

With all the things going on around here--canning--unfinished quilts, etc. I thought it about time to finish something up.  It does make me feel better when something gets finished.

This one is flannel leftovers from other quilts backings. I can see now where I could have arranged it differently, but I usually just sew them together as they pop up, because usually I can arrange them a gazillion different ways and they all look good.  This one, I ran out of red and I should have grouped it a bit differently--but it's done and I'm not redoing it.  *smile*

And its fun backing  (jeeps)

And then this one from leftover quilt projects.  My granddaughters picked the borders.
I worried that it wasn't girly enough--but they seemed to like the florals in the different strings.  

So, that's it from my little corner of the world today.  Trying to use up some garden stuff DH brought in!  

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just love string quilts. Oh, I think the 'semi-red' blocks scattered are just wonderful. Congratulations on finishes.

Kathy T. said...

Well, I thought I was in love with the blue and red and then I saw the earth tones - I am just plain fickle. I love both!

Helen in the UK said...

The only thing better than one finish is two finishes!! Congrats on both :)

QuiltSue said...

If I'm counting right, that's 2 finishes! That must make you feel so happy.

Nann said...

Flannel strings? Great idea. And the quilts look good!

LindaSue said...

Well, I just finished something. Reading your blog from start to finish. It is a great read and would make a great book. It is a journey in itself. Not even to mention all the great ideas and help you offer. Think about it. Just an idea.