Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Progession of a Quilter!

Only a quilter would understand how this
would lead to this
And how this

and this
would lead to this
an up close view
The baskets were leftover from lotto winnings last year.  This quilt is one from them
I wanted to try making traditional blocks from my "crumbs" or "made fabric".  But, I find that once I get the blocks made I am reluctant to cut into them again.  Maybe after I get two more basket quilts done from the leftover baskets, I'll tackle that.  Right now I can't believe how many quilts I'm going to get from those basket winnings.


8 comments:

Cyndi said...

I love the before and afters! Great quilts and ideas.

Quiltsmiles said...

PAttilou,
ALl of them are fantastic. WHat an inspiration you are. Keep up the fantastic quiloting.
Jane

Quiltsmiles said...

Jeez- My spelling above was atrocious. But I really know how to spell those words, LOL just have to laugh at myself and how impatient I was to leave you my opinion that your quilting rocks! So forgive me for all those typos. Jane

Cheri said...

Love your crumbs. They are perfect in the baskets, somehow look wonkily woven. I'm making the 36P blocks too...they're kind of addictive. I think I'll break them up with some star blocks between. Life's grand isn;t it.

LindaSue said...

Great work gal. I can't believe how much you can done.

June D said...

Wonderful Progress and ideas! I always enjoy visiting your blog...

: )

Tonya Ricucci said...

great quilts!!!

KatieQ said...

I love how you showed the progression of your blocks into quilts. I have a huge pile of crumbs of different sizes I have been holding on to. I like your idea of using them as fabric. I may have to try that.