Monday, September 19, 2011

Am I Really That Compulsive?

This quilt was added to the  100 Quilts for Kids

Don't answer that!  I did want to finish this and now it's done.
 As you can see, I did decide to put the borders on and I like it.
I practiced my feathers on the border.
The back is almost an "I Spy Quilt"
 Used up all the rest of the apple fabric.
Made this star from just one piece of sneaker fabric that was in a grab bag.
And still a bit of Bev lives on in these blocks.

And the last of this fun fabric.
Now, on to another quilty adventure!

11/15/11
I'm adding another photo of a quilt that I finished just this past weekend.  It used up some of the crumbs with some stars added in to break the crumbs up a bit.  It's a boys quilt going to Project Linus.



11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow! You were on a whirl wind with this one. But just love it!!

LindaSue said...

Patti I thought it was perfect the way it was. Then in true Pat style you added. You could not have picked a more perfect color to add as a boarder. It just makes it sing. What else can I say. Just so totally awesome. Love the back. Going to have to try something like that one day.


Row 1 done and the last row done. Now for all the rows in between.

QuiltSue said...

I think your border really sets the blocks out nicely. Your feather quilting is great too.

Kathleen C. said...

Your quilt is a happy quilt, cheerful and every bit of it is interesting. Thanks for sharing the process, pat. Kathleen in CT from Lib-Quilters

quilteuseforever said...

Many joyful fabrics and a classy result!
Great quilt!
Katell, France

Eden said...

Looks great! I like the border, really pulls it together. I liked looking at all the little snippets too... I have a whole quilt out of that Blooms fabric, my first foray into machine trapunto. It's in my gallery. Great finish!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are finished already?!?! Great job! Love the feather quilting!

Jo said...

Great idea to practice some quilting designs...I need some feather practice too. Love it!!

Vivian said...

Congratulations on a three-fer: a cute and crumbly finish, quilting practice and a quilty contribution to a good cause.

Not wait a five-fer!: a bonus quilt and another contribution. Way to go!

ANudge said...

It's great how you made the crumb blocks your own by the setting you used. Two beautiful quilts!

vtquilter said...

Love how your crumb quilt came out! And 2 completed quilts.....Awesome.