Thursday, September 8, 2011

Quilting Styles

One thing that can cause a quilter grief is the perfection of the computerized quilting machines!!!  I look at those and sometimes think I should never try to quilt on my home sewing machine.  But, as life is--sometimes we just have to do what makes us happy and if someone else likes that is great.  That is my motto for my donation quilts.  I don't own a longarm quilting machine and many of my quilts are in my own wonky style.  I've been practicing on a white board this quilting technique.  It isn't perfect--it's rather folk art style, but it was much fun to do and the tension on my machine cooperated today!

I think I'll bind it in a red which will go with the lime green backing.  I'll post another picture after I do that and then wash the quilt to soften it.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love this post, and your quilts, and your attitude! I am so 'over' quilting turning into a competition to quilt the most thread per square inch... your quilts are full of energy and joy, and they keep people warm!!!! and this design looks great... Kate

QuiltSue said...

I see your point about the computerised quilting, but for me, as someone who can't even draw a straight line with a ruler, FMQ is something that I could never do. (I tried it, many times) so I guess it's a case of "horses for courses". I also agree with Kate's comment about too much quilting!

Helen in the UK said...

Great quilt! I'm all for making what makes me happy and feeling sure that someone else will love it too :)