Monday, October 10, 2011

Finally!

I've been stitching the binding to the back and it is now done!  You've seen pictures of this quilt before.  One of a challenge and now it's officially ready for gifting.  My sis was going to use it for a wedding present, but we've decided to gift it to our mother instead.  Her birthday is coming up at the end of this month and now it's ready! 
See also Finished! 

That iris came from a purchase on ebay maybe 10 years ago.  I bought several pieces of, I think her name is Diane Labombarbe, from Canada.  The first pieces that I bought were lovely sunflowers because at the time I was really into sunflowers and hated doing applique--that hasn't change.  Then she offered a series of 4 of different iris'.  Then there were sets of baskets.  I think all in all I bought about 10 different applique pieces ranging from 6x8" to maybe 12 x 16.  I loved them all and this was the last of the pieces from her.  I've looked her up on the internet and only get that she has recipes.  Maybe I don't have her name quite right, I don't know, as it has been many years ago, and I didn't even think at the time I'd have a blog or belong to any groups where I'd share what I'm doing.  I've made small wall hangings and gifted many.  One of my favorites is a sunflower hanging in my hallway that I used with African fabrics.

8 comments:

kwilta said...

Excellent!!!!

QuiltSue said...

It's wonderful. I'd never be able to do anything like that, (far too liberated for control freak me to cope with) but I think it's great.

Pattilou said...

Thanks for the compliment. Your quilts are beautiful and just like there are many birds in the forest, there are many quilters finding their joy--whatever form it may be!

Quiltsmiles said...

Thats gorgeous!. I think your Mom should love it. Beautifully done.
Jane

Kathy T. said...

That turned out wonderfully - I love every color in it! You mom will enjoy its beauty and the love that went into it.

Sarah Craig said...

Such a beautiful quilt! I love the pinwheels, too - nice touch!! Whoop whoop!!

Miki Willa said...

This is quite wonderful. I enjoyed looking around your blog, which I found at Sarah's Whoop Whoop Friday post.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

So pretty! Your mom will love it:)