Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quilting to Relieve Stress

Last night I finished the quilting on this kid's quilt.  It relieved the stress of the day and I was glad I had it ready to quilt!

It started as I was looking through some fabrics and found some hourglass blocks.  I added a strip to connect them.
Then I found in my stash the elephant.
Its warm tones worked with other fabrics I had including some with metallic gold printed on the fabric.

Some happy giraffes and a single piece of leftover 2.5" strip from a bundle of strips.
 Backing of giraffe fabric.  What a kick, huh!

It is now a quilt that I'll take to the Family Connections Center in Clearfield next week.  I've got a stack going and I go visit my friend Sally that always loves to fondle and hug my quilts.  I hope some kid will pick this from the stack of quilts there for displaced or disadvantaged kids.

I'm adding this to the 100 Quilts for Kids entry list here.


7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just love this African quilt - what a wonderful gift to charity. I am sure a child will be delighted.

Anonymous said...

it's really fabulous ...

LindaSue said...

Pat, that is just amazing. I am constantly in awe of your work. Your mind must go at a hundred miles an hour thinking of the things you do. Take care.

Kate @SwimBikeQuilt said...

such a fun quilt! My kids loved it!

Kathy T. said...

What a wonderful quilt - I like all of the different elements that it has in it that all work together. Rich colors and textures!

Helen in the UK said...

Most kids love animals, so this is sure to be a big hit. Lovely warm colours too - great job :)

QuiltSue said...

I'm sure some child will be delighted to get this quilt.