Monday, November 21, 2011

Design Wall November 21, 2011

Here it is Monday already--Thanksgiving is this week and I'm ready for it--anyway the shopping is done!  I've got a few things going.  This is the bed in my spare bedroom.
These are from a print out I got online in a yahoo group I used to belong to.  It's called the Waste Not Want Not Block.  I love using this block for scraps and boy do I still have some!

My wall looks like this
I got the idea to add the baskets I had into this quilt rather than in a strip quilt of their own and I think it's going to work out.  I plan on getting this one sewn today!

Just for those wondering how my design wall from last week turned out--well it's a finish and I just love it.  These pictures are before I washed it and since I washed it, it is sooooo cuddly and fun.  I really like it.

The flannel backing washed up so well.  It's now ready for donation.  What a great week ahead and I think I'll even get some sewing done.  We don't do much Christmas shopping, so things look quiet on the home front until Thursday.

Check out Patchwork Times for more 

10 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the 'waste not' blocks - think that was an earlier pattern I did so long ago, too. Those baskets are cute in your scrap quilt - something I have not tried.

Nann said...

WNWN is aka Buckeye Beauty or Jewel Box...combining all those would make an interesting name for the quilt! They're a great way to use scraps. The BlockSwappers had an extended swap for these units (4-patch plus HST) and I'm looking forward to assembling them. (In and around the Orca Bay mystery.)

Jo said...

You have so many great projects going on...I like them all.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the addition of the baskets to the liberated quilt!

Vicki said...

These quilt are so great. I really like the scrappy waste not quilt, what a great way to use up what is at hand. How did you put the handles on your baskets? I am having a bit of an issue with that in my blocks....

AnnieO said...

Fun fun variety of blocks and quilts! Scrappy is best :)

LindaSue said...

Mornin gal. What is the size of those HST and 4 patch? I could do that and make up a batch of them.

I did tell you about the great fabric buy I got from Connecting Threads. Did you ever look? I went to fabric and then clearance and got this fabric for 1.96 a yard. Couple of pieces I paid 2.44 I think, maybe it was 2.96. I was a great buy and it is really nice material. I would use up some of that to make some of those squares.

Anyway, great looking quilts as usual. Later. Did I tell you my email is screwed up.

Michele, a distracted quilter said...

I love popping by your blog. You've always got something fun and colourful posted. I too have way too many scraps - but with inspiration like your quilts I have vague hopes of never running out of ideas to use them up. The crumb basket block is inspired and the more traditional Waste-not-want-not pattern is one of my favourites.

Alycia said...

What a great design wall - I love all the colors you have going on!

Helen in the UK said...

Great scrap block you shared - have saved the picture for inspiration. Looks like it would work great for nickels I still have to use up :)