Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Feet II

While browsing through fabric Sunday, I found 3/4 yard of Penguin fabric.  What to do?  Well I remembered that a whole cloth quilt was a possibility.  So I rummaged around and found some fabrics to use with that piece of Penguins.  I came up with a couple of donation quilts.

I didn't need to buy a thing.  Everything was in my stash including some matching thread.  Hooray!  When my family was young, mostly whole cloth quilts were what we used.  Many times we bought sheets and then tied them together to make a quilt.  There were a few times in our marriage that we couldn't even afford to do that and my church helped me out.  But, these happy quilts will go locally and hopefully make some child happy!

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Super use of some great, fun fabric. No you don't have to make all those fancy blocks. Sometimes a fabric just needs to be itself.

Kathy T. said...

I do adore penguins ... and those two quilts look so cute. I just read they released some of the rehabilitated penguins that they cleaned up after the New Zealand oil spill, so your timing is a perfect celebration.

Thanks for your comment on my blog - I'm so happy to be back sewing - I was a fool all day sewing down bindings, so if the machine goes wonky again, at least I'll have those to flip over and hand sew! Knock on wood (not superstitious or nothin' - ha!).

QuiltSue said...

What cute penguins. Brilliant that you got 2 quilts, all from your stash.