Friday, November 18, 2011

Is It Already Friday?

Another busy week.  I do have one quilty finish!
 It's always fun to take the fabrics from the front and use them in the backing!  I had a few strings left over, but not many!  Whoop! Whoop!

  This quilt is "Crossed Tracks" from the book, Save the Scraps by Gayle Bong.  I didn't add the borders the way she did in the book, I just made the center of the quilt and used the binding as the border.  I would use this pattern again, as each choice of fabric would make the quilt look different, and of course a border would make it much bigger than the 55 x 68 this turned out being.  This is a good size for a quilt to fold over a bed or a sofa and this size is one I prefer making, but at times a bigger bed size quilt is needed.  Judy quilted it with "tulips" quilting pattern as they seemed to replicate the tiny flowers in one of the prints used.  

Here it is almost 1 a.m. and I'm awake.  This time change still has me falling asleep earlier in the evening, then waking up and puttering around as I'm doing now.  Shortly, I'll be ready to go back to sleep.  I'm just glad I don't have to show up at a job in the mornings!

Shopping is all complete for Thanksgiving.  We'll have a few over for dinner that day. 

13 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Love the colours and the quilting on this one. Great back too :)

Sue Daurio said...

Front and back, it's gorgeous!! Great job!

greelyrita said...

This is a wonderful scrappy pattern!! This quilt in particular has a very calming feel to it. It's lovely. Good work, indeed.

Connie said...

Beautiful quilt, I love the colors and the way you did the back!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wonderful scrap quilt - love the pieced back, too. Nicely done.

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Great scrappy idea. I am getting to the point where I need to start using up my scraps! I till keep this in mind. I like that it is "controlled" scrappy. Lovin' the back!

harleywife57 said...

oh !!! I LOVE this very much ! nice work !!

Karen said...

Great quilt. It is a really nice pattern using scraps.

Sarah Craig said...

What a beautiful quilt, and a great way to use scraps! And the back is awesome! Whoop whoop!!

QuiltSue said...

I LOVE this quilt. It would work in all sorts of colours and look different every time.

Carla said...

Pattilou I love this quilt! Great use of color and design. Awesome backing too! Whoop! Whoop!

FabricsNQuilts said...

Beautiful! I love your use of every last scrap! Whoop Whoop!

Rene' said...

I really love this quilt!!! I like without the border actually. The pieced backing is great.