Saturday, November 19, 2011

Looks a lot like Christmas

I received a fun package from Norway yesterday.
I'm sorry that the photo is a bit blurred--I've already eaten the chocolate, so there's no return for a better picture!  LeKa has a really fun blog here!  I sent her the mug rug that is in the header of my blog and then I sent her some 60's fabric cut into Dresden Plates.  This is her fun thank you.  I was thinking I needed another purse, just for my cell phone and my driver's license for when I go to the gym.  This is perfect!!!  Thanks Lena!!!  That was a fun surprise!

DH has lights on the tree outside.  We probably need one more strand for the bottom as the tree gets a little bigger every year.  He got creative with the snowflake lights and put them around the bottom.  Since he doesn't do rooftop decoration anymore, I think this is a festive compromise.


My Christmas quilt is finished.  I got the pattern from
Sue's blog is here:

Judy's quilting is shown in detail on my quilt:
I hand stitched the binding down--probably my last for while.  I kept losing the needle in the floor which is carpeted.  The last time I found it, it was nestled in the fringe of a pillow from its fall.  Too scary to have a stray needle around!
Another finish.  This one turned out better than I thought it would.  I didn't really like the block, so I made 9 of them and then extended the length of the quilt with the stars.
Wonky stitching around one of the stars.
Close up of the backing fabric.  It was in my stash and a happy finish for this quilt.
The fabric wasn't quite wide enough, so I added a strip of 4.5 inch crumb blocks and altogether it made a nice, friendly backing.

So, that's it for this Saturday.  Have a happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

LindaSue said...

You've been busy. Love the quilts and the tree looks great. We don't do xmas since we lost Hank and since daughter left home after high school. I did do some light outside one year when we lived in the RV resort. Everyone bugged me so much, so I did it. When we get on our land I am going to do one tree outside in his memory. I will call it Hanks tree. It will be a live one that I plant and it will get a little bigger each year too!

A friend named Pat from the RV resort bought me a plaque one year for my birthday. About 12 x 12 concrete. It say's " No farewell words were spoken, No time to say goodbye, You were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why."
I will put that at the base of the tree. She is gone now too trying to fight cancer for three years.

So I should go and get busy. Got two little dogs I plan on giving a bath today. Can't say the word out loud or they go and hide. My babies are spoiled.

You take care and will talk to you later.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Cut little zip pouch. I love your quilt from Sue's book - very soothing colors and the scrappy trip around the world looks great with the wonky stars. Well done.

Connie said...

I love the rug mug in your header and what neat things you got from Norway!