Saturday, November 12, 2011

Something Bright for a Cold Dreary Day!

Today the drizzle outside is supposed to turn into snow!  Aargh!  But, I keep busy at the sewing machine on days like this.  Some of my crumb blocks are now into two quilts.  Lime is the neutral for both of these.  This little happy boy quilt:

And this more quiet, subtle, girl quilt:
The indoor lighting takes away from some of the brightness, but I think you get the idea.  The girls quilt is 40 x 64 with 9.5 inch strips, the green strips are 2 inches before sewing and the crumb blocks are 6.5 inches before sewing--7 across.  This way I can use up crumbs with a resting space for the eyes inbetween all the busy-ness!


Hope you have a great weekend.  I know I will--I'll be mostly at the machine unless DH gets another Lincoln Lawyer book for me at the library.

6 comments:

Kate said...

ooh i love the second one... just lovely. I have the same problem with my crumbs - they get too busy - I'm enjoying your ideas...

Michele, a distracted quilter said...

Wow - both of these are fantastic. I can't seem to get back to crumbing, but maybe your finishes will inspire me to pull out the bin again.

Bridget said...

Both quilts are eye candy! I don't know how you do so many. I am happy to get one a month done, maybe.

QuiltSue said...

You've just made one little boy and one little girl very happy I reckon.

Alycia said...

Those are great. I love the colors!!!

Angie said...

I love your quilts, especially the first one.