Friday, December 16, 2011

I'm in LOVE!

After weeks of planning, shopping, and decision making, we purchased the laminate for our flooring.  I wanted something easy to care for and something the rollers of the chairs would slide easily over.  I nearly purchased a laminate I fell in love with, but after talking to a gal in the showroom who was replacing her wood floors with laminate I started to change my mind.  She told me the dark color of her flooring led to scratches, and endless "swiftering".  So I went to my local Home Depot and started looking, AGAIN, and this time a new salesperson was there and she was so helpful.  I didn't want remove the wood floor that was in the entry and some of the brown tones didn't work well with the cherry tone there.  So, we found a piece called "cherry block".  I thought I'd found my match, but I really didn't know for sure until it was installed.  Things are pretty much put back in place and I can now work again.  My computer works although we still have to call our DSL company and get DH's working with mine.  But, as I said, "I'm in love."

The continuity of the two floors.





The computer room/office:
And my sewing room:

The photo makes it seem quite stark, but the only project I have going right now is a fabric coiled bowl. The clean lines and lack of clutter will help me to stay focused.  (one can always hope)

My closet:
The bookcase storage:



Although my Friday finish isn't quilty--it will lead to making a happier quilter--ME!  So hop on over to Sarah's for Friday Whoop Whoop

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just gorgeous! I say well done.

Sarah Craig said...

Sometimes the best and most useful finishes are the non-quilty ones! Just imagine how productive you're going to be with such a great workspace!! Whoop whoop!!

Diane said...

That looks great!

LindaSue said...

You have a beautiful home Patti. Love the floors. Would love some of the laminate myself, just have to talk hubby into it. At least in the bedroom and front room when I get both.
You sure don't have much material for the quantity of quilts you put out. LOL

FabricsNQuilts said...

Woo Hoo for a happy quilter! I am sure that you can expect years of use & quilty floor layouts from your new digs!
Whoop Whoop!

Suzanne said...

How great to be able to have both beauty and practicality. Your floors are lovely.

Kim said...

It's great to have a place to quilt and it sure does make us happy to have our own space. Yours looks great!

QuiltSue said...

That looks just great. Well worth the time spent searching I would think.