Thursday, December 8, 2011

New Quilts Just Finished

These quilts are probably the last of my donation quilts for 2011.  Link on over to Cat's Patches for more week long finishes!
This one from lotto blocks I won on Sunshine Yahoo Group.

These are from pink scraps.  (Although they don't look too pink on my monitor.)
The group including a whole cloth quilt I decided to quilt just for the fun of it.
After reading Sarah's Blog my finishes seem boring to me, but when I got them stacked and folded in the white plastic bag and took them to the drop of location for Project Linus I was met with a big surprise.  The woman I had been talking to on the phone and had received the info in the mail from, was there picking up quilts.  Now, you have to wonder about coincidences when something like that happens.  It was fun for me to meet her and feel her genuine warmth--that I had heard over the phone, but I got to put a person to the voice!  Now if I could ever just peek at the children getting my quilts.  I do hope they fill a void in their little lives!

15 comments:

Kate said...

Love the pink border on the Lotto quilts - and I spy one of my blocks inthere! Good work, Kathleen

Helen in the UK said...

Your finishes are NOT boring - they are bright and cheerful and will bring some needy children a wonderful boost and hug. Don't let that S.A.D. tell you otherwise :)

KatieQ said...

I would never have thought of a pink border for the lotto blocks quilt, but it really works beautifully.

I love the way you put the scraps together in strips. The narrow green bands are perfect. You have such great color sense.

Patti Lou, your quilts are anything but boring. Your eye for color and spatial details make your quilts nothing short of amazing. I always look forward to seeing what you'll come up with next.

Suzie said...

Your finishes are beautiful and they will bring so much warmth and joy to the recipients!

Barbara said...

Great work! I'm so glad you joined us!

ShirleyC said...

What a wonderful thing to do! I'm quite sure some little children will be beaming when they get those.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great finishes and I know they are going to be loved.

Denise :) said...

Great finishes for such a lovely, worthy cause!! Truly in the spirit of the season! :)

MooseStash Quilting said...

Your quilts are adorable and I know some little Linus child is thrilled beyond words with their new found treasure!

Lisa said...

Great job on the quilts. They will be some childs dearest treasure I am sure!

Foolish Feathers said...

What a fun run in! I do not know anything about the Linus project, i will have to look it up. I love the look of your scrappy quilt with the pink, very nicely done!

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely colours. great work

Judee said...

Love your quilts. I too have donated quilts and would also like to get a peek at the recipients. Maybe it is best that we can't?

C. Joy said...

You're inspiring me. (Loving the pink.) Thanks for all you do. Yes, I truly believe "When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love."

Bev C said...

Hello PattiLou,
What wonderful quilts made with love.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo