Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pink Synchs With my Soul Today

I've been working with lots of pink this week.  I purchased a little bag of scraps--you know the kind no one really wants, so they put it on sale.  I love those little bags.  I love making something from them.  But, today, the pink just seems to speak for me.

Those quiet moments, when you wonder who you are and where you fit.  Those quiet moments when no one is around and you think about life, and it's purpose and the reason that we do what we do.  Many times I like to just fade into the background and observe.  I love to observe people.  I can watch them for hours.  Mostly it's on those observations that I wonder how I fit.  Most often, I don't.  I feel like a square peg trying to fit in a round hole.

Pink seems best today to synch with that feeling.  Quiet, fluid and peaceful.  Peaceful--I'm liking that as with the season of year, I don't seem to "fit" with most people's traditions and beliefs.  I'm just here.  Wondering how all the craziness of this "season of good cheer" got started.  I think it started when I taught sixth grade and we studied world history.  Then I got on a serious study of many of the Christmas traditions because many seemed to start with Rome trying to appease the Christians.  I started wondering how much of anything we practice has any "real" to it.  I guess that's the illusion--we just do what makes us happy and don't worry about it.

I like that, "Don't worry, be happy!"  So today as I seem to like pink rather than the red that is so abundant this season, I say to myself, "Don't worry, be happy!"  I can move past the seasonal affective disorder that keeps me off balance this time of year and just move forward--tiny steps, sew a little, listen to music a little, and rewind--for three months of the year this seems to be my pattern. 

Sew--today--I'm pink!

Here's one small finish and I've a few more needing binding.



1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Pink and green in soft hues is so relaxing and cuddly.