Monday, December 12, 2011

The Traveling Stash

I've been following the tales of the Traveling Stash for about 4 months and it seemed so very intriguing to me.  For any of you that may not know what it is you can go HERE 
to read about it.  

I've been gifted many fabrics the past three years and its always a fun challenge to me to receive fabric from someone else and then work it into a quilt.  For me, I make those findings into donation quilts.  I use Wrap a Smile (WAS) or Wrap Them in Love (WTIL) or Family Connections Center locally for my main donations, and then I just dropped off some quilts to Project Linus locally.  I first learned about WAS and WTIL from Sunshine Yahoo Group or HERE   I also make blocks each month for this group.  One of each two blocks stays with Sunshine quilter, Tammy and she makes lovely quilts, the other goes to a lucky winner for their fun.  I just donated a quilt
from those winnings.

But, as usual, I digress!  

I have lots of stash--well, not as much as many, but for me it's a fair amount and as I've been moving it for new flooring in my sewing room I'll let you take a look and judge for yourself.

Click to play this Smilebox collage

Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free picture collage

Sooo--hop on over HERE   to sign up for this one or just wish me luck and hope I win and then I'll blog about it here!

I've more stash to comb through and more boxes to move, more things to cull and right now, I'm going to have a cup of coffee and just browse some blogs for The Blog Hop Party   or Here for My Entry   

There's always the Design Wall Monday  Here  to visit.  Today my design wall is my bed.  But, the first picture I showed this morning is my finish from last week's design wall!

Have a Great Day!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Let's hear it for a finish! Yeeeehaw!

Frog Quilter said...

The bed looks just like (what I can see of it) my grandmothers bed. I have it and it gets used everyday.

Thanks for sharing.

Shellie said...

I'd say your stash is just about right. It always feels like more when you have to move it around.

Good luck winning the traveling stash. It sounds like it will be put to good use.

Pattilou said...

Thanks, It would be a fun win, but then I send so many things I'm not using on to someone else that if I don't win, I'm sure I'll find a way to infuse my stash or delete some stash. Either way, a new year always brings new juice to quilting!

Pat

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Good luck. You are using your stash for some great projects.