Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What's Up for 2012


 I recently visited Cat Patches http://catpatches.blogspot.com/2011/12/whats-on-your-2012-newfo-to-do-list.html  


 It got me thinking more about what I want to do next year.  I have a roughly formed list, but in the last day, I've thought more about things that will really get my creative juices flowing.  This year I've mixed old UFO's and new projects about half and half, but I did all the listed UFO's first and then started the new projects.  With Barbara's inspiration I am going to start a new project every month--or as often as possible without leaving a UFO for next year!  I've some flimsies in the closet that I want to finish, but they'll wait while I create for my own creativity.


I would like to mix some new techniques in with some traditional and as of yet, I'm not sure which I'll start first--maybe number them and  put the numbers into a hat and draw one out for each new project!


I've thought I'd like to do some dyeing and I have this white fabric as well as about an equal amount of natural non bleached fabric, so there's lots of fabric here to use.




 And then there is this fun minkee that I got at a real great Christmas sale and it begs to become a fun snuggly sofa quilt--just right for watching NCIS and Big Bang Theory!



 And then there is a traditional quilt book I bought that teaches the Burgoyne Surround Quilt that I could make in a scrappy version similar to this:

Or a Christmas Project I've wanted to do for quite awhile, but have been overtaken by all the other projects:


 Or this one I've purchased some Ricky Tims fabric for and have saved its start for some unknown reason--well maybe its just fear of cutting into that expensive fabric!



 Or a myriad of projects waiting in this book that I just ordered:




http://www.ctpub.com/productdetails.cfm?PC=2363

And then there is this project that appealed to my "brown" love
  So there you have it, my beginning list--there's more sure to come, but this will shake out the cobwebs in my quilting brain and get me going, right after January 1.  You can join in the fun too, just click the link at the beginning of the post and add your blog address to the linky thingee. 

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Wonderful Projects, Pat. I have that tree on my to-do list too. It's been there so long, I forgot all about it! Thanks for joining in.

Helen in the UK said...

Lots of fun quilts in that selection. You make so much for others its time you gave yourself permission to make just for you :)

Debbie said...

Great project list...look forward to seeing what you create!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the colorwash 'Evergreen' quilt! Lovely projects and glad you are joining in.

Kathy T. said...

Thanks for sharing the link to the 2012 NEWFO Challenge. I'm signing up, too - I think it's a great idea. My list won't be as fabulous as yours - you are a true artist! - but I sure like the concept.

I can't wait to see what you do with that fun Minky! And I have that same magazine with Brownie Points sitting open on my sewing table - I thought it would be good for Civil War Repro fabrics. Too funny.

Oh, and I had to stop bloggin last night to go watch Big Bang Theory. Are we twins separated at birth or what! Too funny ...

Bridget said...

Thanks, Pat, for the link to this challenge. As I go through the sewing room today and tomorrow, I, too, hope to make a plan for this year.

PS-Love Big Bang Theory, too!

Teresa in Music City said...

Hi Pat - looks like you have some fun projects waiting for you in 2012! I especially like the tree - wow! Looking forward to seeing what you choose... eenie, meenie, miney, moe!!!