Friday, December 2, 2011

Winds in Utah!


Hurricane like winds have swept the area around where I live.  The winds howled around us, but no damage in my neighborhood.  But, schools are out today and clean up in communities around here are cleaning up.  My brother said 100 mph winds kept power off in his business and maybe still today.  The news was incredible.  There was a clip of a trailer whipping a truck around, glass blown out of school buses and of course things like this:
 I've never seen anything like this in Utah!

and more
At least humor gets many through the force of the winds!
On the whoop whoop side of things, I'm making slow progress on my small blocks and I'm thinking I need a little more light--like a turquoise in the small 3.5 inch string blocks that off set the Birds in Flight blocks.  I'm going to work them in with some other blocks.  This could take awhile to complete!!!

So for me--not much quilting, not any decorating, but I have been shopping for flooring for my sewing room--does that count?  Go on over To Sarah's to see what everyone has been working on!  Happy Weekend!

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We've been watching this storm since it hit the west coast - hope it blows out before reaching here.

LindaSue said...

My Susie called me last night on her way home from work out by the airport. Said that 15 was closed north of SLC cause of the winds. Thought of you, should have called. Glad you and yours are all ok. Later

JanetK said...

wow - crazy looking storm!

FabricsNQuilts said...

Your blocks look great! The Christmas tree gave me a chuckle. I hope human tragedy was nonexistent.

Whoop on a week to remember!

Debbie said...

Saw the weather on news last night and thought of you. glad your area is ok. Photos are unreal to see all the damage.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Glad to hear everyone in your neighborhood was okay. It's nice to see that joke about the free tree.

Sarah Craig said...

Whoop whoop! I love the colors in your blocks!!