Friday, January 6, 2012

As Often Happens

After ending my last post, I totally expected to finish that quilt I was working on!  ...didn't happen!

Instead I finished up another quilt and figured the backing for my quilter to complete.  As often happens, we not only met to exchange things, we visited!  Such fun!

After reading my email yesterday morning, that contained a reminder of the Free Motion Quilting Challenge:
I remembered a quilt top I'd started that just might work to practice the leaves.  So off I go, sandwiched the quilt and started practice.  I needed to alter the instructions a bit to fit this quilt.  It seemed the leaves needed to be longer and more bamboo type.  I then did a whole row without the middle stem part--oh well--not going to pick that one out!  But I did get more practice--and I'll do more of these leaves as the month goes on; this is just the first!  More ideas for practicing
The completed quilt:
A cute strippie donation quilt.


My lonely unfinished top will have to wait as I have other weekend plans--I'll fill you in on Monday!


So--a Whoop Whoop for at least one finish for the week! Go Here for More
Linking up to Crazy Mom Here 

10 comments:

Diane said...

Nice job on the quilting! That was a perfect project to get started on those leaves.

Carla said...

I think you did a great job on your quilting. I've also joined in and still have to give it a try. I like the colors/style of your donation quilt.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, the easy strip quilt is a great one to pratice those leaves on - and no one knows the oops but you.

ktquilts said...

Yay for quilty charity! Great job!

Staci said...

THat turned out so nicely! I am sure you must be smiling!

Judee said...

I have made that donation quilt too and never thought to do leaves in the smaller strips. Thanks for the inspiration.

Helen in the UK said...

Your leaves look great! Good quilting is all about adapting to suit the space available, so you've done a brilliant job :)

Sue Daurio said...

Great job on the FMQ! I need to make some practice quilts and part of my goals is to increase the donations quilts. I think I'm gonna use your idea, you're such a smartie!

Sarah Craig said...

Whoop whoop for a finished quilt, going to charity, with beautiful FMQ! Great work!!

KatieQ said...

The colors in the strip quilt are great. It was a perfect choice to practice the FM leaves.