Monday, January 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday!

While getting in my scrap drawer to make fabric for yesterday's block, I remembered I had some as yet unused crumb blocks.  I also found some blocks that were sent to me when my mom started with her cancer therapy three years ago.  I had some stars and I've arranged the blocks for a new donation quilt top start:
 I'm keeping this up while I think on how I'll change this quilt up a bit from others I've done as they can all begin to look the same even when the blocks are different.  Soon I hope to have all those blocks with a girly feel used up.  I'm growing weary of them, but then I put them up on the wall and they seem quite happy.  Conundrum of making so many blocks from scraps I guess.

I'm still working up possibilities for how this little quilt will begin to take shape:  See Here for more ideas
 I've got the fabrics out for a color challenge workout see here
These are the colors I've chosen and then the black and white of the same colors follows:
A block pattern is awaiting my cutting and sewing.  It's a new pattern I'm going to try from a magazine I was gifted while in Moab recently.  I'm not sure if I'll do each month's colors from the same challenge and save them for a quilt or just what I'll do, but I'll be getting to that first block today!  Also want to work on my quilting of leaves, so I'd better get cracking.  Challenge link here:
Thanks for stopping by.  Linking to Judy here:

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Love your crumb blocks. Isn't if funny that no matter how many scraps we manage to use up, more keep multiplying?

Sue Daurio said...

your color challenge fabrics look wonderful!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love that triangle block, but it sure looks challenging. I'm sure mine would be bowl shaped!

QuiltSwissy said...

We were in Moab two years ago! I love the area, it is one of those places I "feel" at home.

Great way to use your leftover blocks and scraps. I have a lot of 6 1/2 inch scrap blocks I have been making for 3 years now. One day they will hit me as to what they are!

glen

Nann said...

Your crumb blocks made perfect "quilt seeds" and the heart blocks go so well with them. I know the feeling, though, about leftovers. Sometime they just drag you down.

Judy D in WA said...

Love your crumbs. Makes me want to go in right now and put mine up on the wall. Love the heart and star blocks.
Love the pink and yellow together.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great way of using up those crumb blocks. Love the fabric for your color pallette challenge - thank you for sharing the grey scale effect for chosing colors - don't think enough people know of this technique. Enjoy your day.

Mary said...

LOL, I'm trying to resist starting on the Color Palette Challenge. Today's design walls are full of it. Have fun designing with your fabrics. I like the bright quilt on your wall. Never enough "girly" blocks for me.

Alycia said...

Goodness you were busy. I love the crumb blocks, and the colors chosen for the Palette challenge!!

Judee said...

Your scrap blocks are great. They will make a good donation quilt.

Cathy Tomm said...

I am going to have to get out some of my blocks and try one of these quilts. I like your new block.