Friday, January 20, 2012

It's Friday Already?!!!

So here it is Friday and it seems like I'm just in the middle of the week!  I do have the quilt I finished and blogged about Tuesday, washed and making its home in our living room.  The border fabric that I just love shows up in this picture better than in the overall picture I posted about  Here:
 I put together a top and sandwiched my free motion quilting challenge quilt and finally decided to just try my hand with the leaves on this:
 The Sunshine Yahoo Group  lotto called to me and yesterday I played with some blocks--I'm not showing all of them yet, but these are the finishes I'll be sending in when February gets here:
The stars and the letters were from some fabric that I purchased in a scrap bag and I'd set it aside, not fully knowing what to do with it, but while I was playing in my two inch scraps I got the idea to make those into some blocks.  I had fun playing and finished in time to go to my hair cut appointment.  

DH and I have been playing Words with Friends on Facebook.  It's added a wordy dimension to our lives.  It's kept us up later and wide awake during these winter nights.  It's opened up some conversation with friends and been a blast.  It led us to purchasing a word building book and after last night, I can see we need two of them!  Some of our friends have been playing much longer and are way more prolific than us, but we play each other and are building our skill for those friends games!

So, I can see my quilting picture for while maybe won't have as many finishes, but we are making it through some winter storms and not falling asleep on the couch (mostly me) while watching tv.

Linking over to Sarah's for a Whoop Whoop HERE:

And to Crazy Mom Here: 

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Your quilt looks very inviting in that chair. You did well with your leaves - my goal for the weekend. And the blocks are fun.

Katie said...

Good job on the leaves! The only free motion I've done is stippling, which really isn't that adventurous ;-)

West Michigan Quilter said...

I just found your blog and love it. I love the way you put your scraps together and make such beautiful quilts. Love that you are doing the FMQ too. I'm trying to do that. Love your leaves. You are an inspiration!

Fabrics N Quilts said...

Great job on your FMQ! Practice Practice!
Love your new quilt too; great colors

Whoop Whoop!

Brita said...

Great job on the quilting -- I've been practicing leaves, too :-) How did we ever spend our time before the Internet? Oh, yeah. Quilting. LOL!

Sue Daurio said...

Sitting in that chair, bundled up with a smart phone playing words with friends. It's the modern things we do with quilts :) Love your quilt and the quilting, looks great.

Sarah Craig said...

Your quilt is beautiful, your leaves are amazing - good work!! - and I completely agree with you about Words With Friends - my DH and I have been playing for the same reasons! Whoop whoop!!

Helen in the UK said...

GREAT job on the leaf quilting :)

rubyslipperz said...

LOTS of great/pretty things are goin' on HERE! My head is spinning! You're making me tired...girl!

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com