Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's Starting to Take Shape

After much cutting and preliminary piecing, I can see this quilt is starting to materialize.  Here's a few blocks as I piece, press and cut them.  This is one of my new projects for 2012.  See challenge HERE:  

I've pressed and starched the blocks a lot as the bias is on the edges, and I think the sashing will help hide the imperfections of the piecing.

The pattern was found here:


This magazine has been a gold mine of patterns I've used and still plan to use.  It is my most favorite magazine in my file.

Remember this?
I altered a pattern from that issue for a table topper and 4 churn dash blocks I had.  Sorry I can't find the finished quilt picture, but I promise it is finished! 
 My only complaint about the quilt is that I've used too much white and DH likes to read every bit of the paper over breakfast and of course the newsprint rubs off, but it washes up nicely and fits our round table.

On a clear crisp, sunny winter afternoon, I finished a kids quilt in the strings pattern with black centers.  For Whoop Whoop is Friday, I'm linking to Sarah's Blog Here: 

And Finish Up Friday 

14 comments:

Terri said...

Your "Brownies" look good enough to eat. I don't usually like brown, but your brown is more colorful than some... you know what I mean.
Hugs!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just a lovely start - thank you for showing the source - oh, how gorgeous!

QuiltSue said...

Your quilt is going to look wonderful. I love the shades of brown you're using.

Diane said...

Everything looks great! Love the bright colors in the string quilt.

greelyrita said...

I love the bright string quilt. The browns one is great too (and fall-colours-are-me) but lively colours are really appealing at this time of year. I'm thinking that all my strings less than 2.5 inches wide should probably used for a string quilt.

P. said...

Your Brownie quilt is going to be gorgeous! There is a lot of "depth" to your prints which makes it very interesting.

I love your string quilt too! It's a bright and happy quilt.

Eileen said...

Great string quilt!!

Karen said...

I like your blocks. Your string quilt is awesome.

All Done said...

Love that string quilt!

Sue Daurio said...

Oh the Brownie quilt is going to be fabulous! And the strings, I just LOVE them

FabricsNQuilts said...

Love your strings quilt! The black really sets off the pattern nicely!
Whoop Whoop!

Sarah Craig said...

I love that string quilt!! And your brownie quilt is coming along wonderfully - looks good enough to eat! Whoop whoop!!

Bridget said...

That Fiesta string quilt is awesome! My favorite.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Wow! All three are great, but I love the string quilt!