Monday, January 30, 2012

A New Watcher!

I finished the color challenge quilt and I'm giggling!  I've named it "The Eyes of the Storm."  I've hung it in my sewing room above my sewing area and it looks like a madman with eyes all over the place.  I just had fun with this one!  I didn't even measure it before I bound it and I think it's a little bit crooked, but with the really wonky just fun quilting, it all fits.  It's NOT a show piece.  It's just a fun quilt, and its done and I'm awaiting the February Color Challenge!  This also may work for my New FO for 2012 as it is totally NEW!

My design wall is busy.  I found more red fabric and I added to some blocks I already had for the Sunshine Yahoo Group Lotto for February, which is using red somewhere in the block.  I just about decided to make a quilt from these, but I rethought it and I'm going to just send in the whole lot of them for donation.
Then Mary, at the Heartstrings Yahoo Group added a challenge and I scoped through my things and found some foundations cut and one block started.  I then proceeded to finish up enough blocks for a quilt top, and got part way there with these:
 Since DH was gone, I just kept sewing--these were fun but the STORM in the sewing room was still brewing and I wanted to finish the binding on this little number that I've posted about before.  It is now done and ready for donation and I'll be taking it and some other quilts along to the quilt store that takes Project Linus donations as well as my sewing machine that is starting to rebel at its breakneck speed of yesterday!  


And then after I washed it
Since I've been quilting for a long while.  Some of the block ideas come from many places as I've posted Here

... and then there was a spark from Craftsy

My sewing room is cleaned up, and my cutting tools sharpened, new fabric has arrived and I'm ready to cut fabric while my machine is in for a tune up!
Linking up to Judy here:

20 comments:

Gari said...

Busy is the only word I can think of. Your projects are very interesting and different from each other (a good thing). I would probably be keeping the heart quilt as I don't have anything here to celebrate Valentine's Day with and it will be very pretty when done.

Bonnie said...

Wow! You've got more going and finishing then I do and I thought I was on a rampage of quilting! I'll have to slip over to heartstrings to see what's going on there. Your quilt looks good.

Rhonda said...

Love all that you are doing, especially the strip pieced blocks. It's hard to make a dent in the old stash as I'm sure you know. Those scraps just keep growing.... LOL

Gail said...

Love the Eyes of the Storm! How original and humorous.

Alycia said...

I LOVE the eyes of the storm!! What a great creation!! I loved those blocks when you showed them before... but this is better!!

June D said...

Boy I'm breathless just reading about everything you have been working on! Eyes of the storm is terrific - and the red blocks - well everything you posted is wonderful! You are an inspiration!

: )

Mary said...

I like your January Color challenge. You gave it a perfect name for being made this winter. STORMS, WOW. We have had a few. I haven't ever made the diamond string, they look fun!

Kate said...

Very cute color challenge project and very aptly named.

Mary said...

Your Eyes of the Storm quilt made me laugh because it is so darn cute! You surely have been busy!

Sandra Kaye said...

Lovely blog and work!! I enjoyed looking around!! Hugs

Helen in the UK said...

I'm sure your poor machine does deserve some TLC after all the work you've done recently!! Enjoy the sewing break, although it sounds like you'll be cutting up a storm instead ... whilst the 'eyes' supervise :)

QuiltSue said...

The Eyes of the Storm is brilliant. I see why you called it that.

You've been very busy, so I can quite see why your machine needs to go away for a little R&R. Make sure you don't wear out your cutter while it's away though.

Sharon-IN said...

You have been a very busy lady! The last quilt just happens to have two blocks in it that are the blocks for January Craftsy's block of the month. (the asterisk and pound sign).I fully expected you to list that along with all your other accomplishments!

Janine said...

You've made some great things! I like your eyes of the storm!

Judy Laquidara said...

Love your "Eyes of the Storm". When I was seeing just the thumbnail on the link list, I could tell that with all that green, I was going to love it!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love your color challenge! And your new string quilt is very 'eye' appealing - the eyes have it!

Vicki W said...

I love your color challenge piece!

Erin said...

Your color challenge made me giggle! Love that and everything else! You have a lot of energy!!!

Barbara said...

Wonderful! I watched this one go together. Very creative! Thanks for joining in.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

congrats on all of your finishes