Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Scrappy Finish

I just finished the binding on this quilt.  It started out as a donation quilt and then I added one more border from some fabric I just love, and now there is no way this one is leaving my house!  The fabric used up the remainder of that fabric to a "T"
This picture is of my color challenge fabrics.  I'm not sure, now that I've got it in a picture if I like the light value lavender in with the lime green.  I'm putting these blocks away and waiting for next month's challenge.  I may put them all together into a quilt, but I'm not sure.  Anyhow, I had fun playing with the colors and the block is a challenge in itself.  1.5 inch strips and I kept getting them mixed up, but they are done and I've got other things on my plate for the rest of January.
 Or this layout could be the beginning for a long wall hanging center.
Let's just say the idea is percolating!  After Sue's question of where I got the idea, it was in a Quilters Newsletter of April/May 2009, sorry I neglected to give the source earlier.
It is a great copy and I have lovingly looked at many projects within it!

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is hard to let a quilt go that touches the heart. Great blocks for the color challenge! I like the 'in-line' look, but it is your piece.

QuiltSue said...

I can see why you can't part with the quilt.

The blocks look interesting, are they your design?

Kathy said...

Love the scrappy finish! The red on the border makes everything look so framed. I can see why you are not parting with it. Great job!

Debbie said...

Love your quilt finish. I think I would keep it too.

Jody said...

Really like your scrappy quilt. I see what you mean about the lavender--it is not playing nice, but screaming "I'm the Queen--look at ME!" But maybe it will work in the whole scheme of things--one can always hope.