Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Where Did it Go?

I'm not quite sure what's happened to my "MOJO" in 2012, but it seemed I haven't quite turned it on.  Maybe it's just that "freeze" that happens when a project isn't chosen yet or the fear of cutting into a new fabric.  I had a fun play date planned for yesterday, but because Annie was sick, we postponed.  Her BLOG   So instead I did some routine sewing, just to see if I could get back in the swing of things--and yes, I did enjoy the holiday from quilting!

First off, I made some yellow/blue blocks for the Sunshine Yahoo January block lotto:
I searched around and found some yellow and blue "island" fabric for boys and then I had just a few piece of little girls that I'd used for my oldest granddaughter and she's now 9, so I guess its really time to let it go.  Also found some crumbs with some blue and bits of yellow, so I sewed them together for a 12 inch block.  The pictures are a bit blurry--sorry about that, I have already mailed them off, so I can't fix it.

While looking for some blue/yellow fabric, I found some leftovers from another project and I sewed them into 4 blocks and trimmed them to a 12 inch block and then I just started having fun.  It was so good for my "mojo."  
I just cut and sewed and improvised and it was great fun.  I'll get it sewn into a top later today after I visit the chiropractor.

I got a prize yesterday, along with a sweet note from Katie Q.  The note was a great way to end the day--I didn't originally see the mail, and found it tucked under some other mail, so it was a great surprise.  Katie's blog is found here:

My winings
 The "Rows and Bows" has some cool ideas for ways to use scraps in what will be some donation quilts.  I'm always needing a new idea for those and this one looks like an easy to extend quilt.  

So, that's it for this morning.  When I get home from the doctor I'll get that top finished and maybe even sandwiched and while I'm doing that, I'm sure there are a couple of quilts I could sandwich. 

I've been lax on my blog visiting, and I'm working towards catching up there too.

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just love the improv blocks! I'm in hibernation mode - when it get's cold, I just want to snuggle on the couch.

Helen in the UK said...

Sometimes a break is needed to restore the MOJO. Glad to see you back stitching up a storm :)

rubyslipperz said...

I REALLY missed you on Tuesday!! I'm feeling like I'm trying to catch-up for 2012 already and it's only the 5th of January. Usually, I'm "in gear" by the day after Christmas. But, we had family still visiting. I'm not complaining...I LOVED having them here. It's just that, well, I'm just getting started for the year.

You've got some fun things started. It looks to me like you have your MOJO "engine" at least started. =)

See you SOON!!

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com