Friday, January 27, 2012

Whoop Whoop Friday, Jan 27, 2012

Friday!  This month is whipping by and I have done a bit more quilting than I thought I would back on January 1.  I do have some finishes this week besides the little table topper in my last post.  The string quilt finished up most of the bright strings for now.
The scrappy blocks I set together on my design wall also made it to a finish!  Whoop! Whoop!
 I've been working on some free motion quilting after I put these blocks together:
 I started out with a light ecru for the quilting on the corner blocks and then I did the leaf practice in the middle one.  I then found the aqua thread and I wish I would have started with it, but I'm not taking all that quilting out as this is a practice quilt and will also be a donation quilt.  The next few blocks I've done a meander with loops and some hearts.  I think it will be fine when it's all completed.  Right now, it's just a bit hard to tell.  Usually for donation quilts, I do a basic meander, but since I've been trying my hand at more challenging quilting this is taking a bit longer than most.  

Still been playing Words with Friends!  It helps to have something to play when there are reruns on of my favorite TV shows!  Absolutely laughed myself silly last night for Big Bang Theory.  It is one of the best written shows I can remember and the acting is top notch!  I just wish it lasted an hour--one half hour just isn't enough!

I'm also reading a thriller by Kate Wilhelm Death Qualified 
 

I really need to think about books on tape, but the one I tried, just wasn't the same as reading it--I think it was poorly done, so maybe I'll try an audio again.  That said, there is just something about reading a book that can't be replaced by either a movie or a tape! (old fashioned, I know!)

Looking forward to doing lots of tying up loose ends today!

Happy Friday!  Link up to Sarah's blog here:

14 comments:

Diane said...

Your scrapy quilts look great! Good for you, practicing other quilting stitches... I need to venture out a little myself.

Jo said...

I love your little crumb quilt!! So cute.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just some more lovely fun. Fun FMQ and love the lighter thread - makes it sparkle.

Miki Willa said...

Your quilts are quite wonderful. I really like them all. The bottom one is really eye catching.

Leona Raisin said...

CRAFTING
Crafting. Wouldn't that be a great play in Words With Friends. As a sometimes crafter myself, Words With Friends seems a more appropriate time-waster than, say, television. Bottom line, my projects are most often ignored. Distracted by WWF and TV. I will always justify my TV time as long as I can tie it back to wordplay. Blame my love of Scrabble, WWF and TV trivia for me creating my blog and the anagrams I invent. Still, all these distractions keep me away from my work table.
Leona

Fabrics N Quilts said...

Love your crumb quilt & your strings! They are so bright & lively!
Whoop Whoop!

Sue Daurio said...

Love your FMQ, so fun!! And the string quilt is just adorable. I've been itching to do some strings. Lovely!!

KatieQ said...

I love the way the pink borders make the 2 scrappy quilts sparkle.
Your FMQ practice looks really good. Practicing on the donation quilt is a good idea.

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Oh, I do love you scrappy quilts, they are so sweet!

June D said...

Nice finishes!

JanetK said...

Those scrappy quilts are awesome! nice work!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Try the unabridged audio books. Also, some narrators are better than others. I love audio books while I hand quilt.

True Blue Nana said...

I am crazy about your scrappy hearts and stars. I love working that way too. Your work is so creative!

Sarah Craig said...

Whoop whoop!! Love your two little quilts, and your blocks look to be coming along nicely - can't wait to see what you do with them!!