Monday, February 27, 2012

Design Wall Monday 2/27/12

Ya know, one of the things about quilting is that if you get stuck on starting something, there is always something else in the "wings" that is waiting.  I've just been dragging my feet about starting the February color challenge.  I've got the fabrics and got a pattern picked to go with it, but I've not made any progress.  Instead I pulled these out and continued to work on them.  I've only got two blocks to finish and there's not much left to do.  I'm thinking of using a pastel turquoise sashing, but I haven't put it up with the blocks as yet--so for now that part is still in my head.  But here are the blocks I have, so far.
Here is a close up.
I've also been working on some Sunshine Lotto blocks for March, but I'll not show them yet as I want to keep these blocks on the wall until I decide on a sashing.

I'm linking over to Patchwork Times HERE:

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You always go big - I am keeping my color challenge pieces small - not thrilled with this one - too many colors and much the same as last month.

heather said...

Love the stars

LindaSue said...

You continue to amaze me with your talent. Didn't think I was going to like the pinwheels as much. But you pulled the cat out of the bag and came thru with something amazing, as usual. You are one talented lady. Got to work on some strings. You make my fingers itch. Stay warm and talk later. Love ya gal.

Sand and Sunshine said...

This is really beautiful, I love how the colors are really popping right off your wall.

Clare said...

Love those blues!

Mary said...

Very Pretty color combo. Good luck getting it finished.

cityquilter said...

love the colors!