Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Whoop Whoop

As I blogged earlier this week, Mary at the Heartstrings Yahoo Group put out a challenge.  I dug into my strips and made a top I'll be sending to Gloria in Southern Utah to finish for St. Jude's, which will be used for teenage mothers.  This nearly finished up my strays and I'll be sending the yardage leftover to Gloria in hopes that she can use it.  I have to admire gals that make bigger quilts like this on a regular basis.  I would much prefer the smaller quilts, but these leftover fabrics from my own color choices for my house just didn't seem like kids quilt material nor did they really seem like fabric for men, and with the bit of blue to perk them up seemed like a great match for this project. 

And an earlier finish this week that I've blogged about previously.
So all in all I got a few pounds of fabric out of the way and I'm already into finishing my brownie quilt started in January.  Hope to have a picture of that for next Friday!

Thanks to Sarah for hosting a Whoop Whoop Here

10 comments:

Jo said...

String quilts never cease to amaze my in that they are simple yet beautiful. It's great that you are so generous. WHOOP, WHOOP!!

KatieQ said...

Great string quilt. I love the way the blue border brings out the colors. It's nice to have a specific project for your scraps.

straythreads said...

the blue is like turning the lights on in that quilt Beautiful! some girl will love it.
Ann

Michelle said...

The Heartstrings quilt is simply stunning! I love the near 3D effect that is created by this pattern.

Diane E W said...

I just love the colors, just enough blue to make it pop. Someone will love to wrap this around them and have sweet dreams under it.

Sue Daurio said...

Your strings are gorgeous!! That little bit of blue really makes them sparkle

Carolyn J. said...

Very nice string quilt....love the way you used a rectangle, instead of square, gives a great diamond shape. Must store this idea away for later!

Sarah Craig said...

What a gorgeous string quilt!! And all your other pretties too.... Whoop whoop!!

Mary said...

The top looks great! I'm glad Gloria is able to quilt and donate it.

Fabrics N Quilts said...

Love your string quilt! Great way to use up scraps & yours looks so cohesive!

Whoop Whoop!