Monday, February 6, 2012

Sometimes I Get Bored! Design Wall 2/6/12

This is coming along, but truthfully, I'm getting bored sewing this same block, even though the block itself varies, I'm at this boring for me place!


The blocks are on the bias and the black strip isn't and so the sewing has to be done very carefully.  I measure 9.5 inches on each, but when I lay the block onto the strip it is a bit longer with the stretch, so I carefully stretch the strip a bit to get them to match.  So far it is working just fine, but what started out being a 48 block quilt, I'm going to make into a 24 block lap quilt and then add a border.  The other blocks are in a bag for now.  ...a UFO for next year, perhaps???


So that's it for this Monday morning, and I can see I've got some sewing to do today.  Linking to Judy Here:

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You do like your color - so I can see were you would get bored. Hey, save them for a new project somewhere down the road.

Connie said...

Great blocks! A lot of times I work on several projects to break up the monotony of doing the same thing.

Janine said...

It's horrible to feel bored but your blocks look really lovely :)