Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Why are so many of my quilts named after FOOD?

Chocolate Lemon Sunshine is now done.  I got the bag of scraps from Carol at http://giraffedreams.blogspot.com/  They looked really fun and I pondered over them for awhile.  How was I going to take yellow and brown with not enough of each to make a whole quilt from either.  I was a bit tired of making 12 inch blocks and I remembered in one of my Yahoo groups this quote, "Just doing it seems to be the secret. ... I inherited fabric and was always waiting for a perfect project to use them -but now that I have purchased (or won) my own fabric it's easier to let both the old and new fabric go...."

So, I thought that I could use this "letting" go to do a liberated quilt.   I began the liberated strings and added the stars because I had so many smaller pieces!  I've only one 4 inch crumb block left after all this! The crumbs were from other projects and in a stack in the basket of pre-made blocks.  Of course there are a few crumb block starts, but I won't count them for now!

Voila!.... this fun quilt was born!

This was certainly a fun project and now will go as Carol wants--to Wrap A Smile Rotary.  When I placed the quilt in a box to send to Wrap A Smile, I added this little quilt from my finished stack of quilts.


Linking over to Sarah here  for a WHOOP WHOOP!

I've got another quilt that I started in practice for this one, and I'll quilt it until I either run out of thread or get finished. So, back to the sewing room!

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Great quilt....so bright and cheerful. Love the fun way you put it all together.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Good for you - yes, just do it is a good way as you ended up with a beautiful, fun quilt that is going to make someone smile.

KatieQ said...

You really made good use of Carol's scraps. The quilt and the quilting look great.

QuiltSue said...

As you know, I am not a big fan of scrap quilts, but this is the exception. I love it. The colours, the design, just everything about it is wonderful.

Clare said...

You really did let go! Love it!

Kat said...

First, now I'm hungry! :-)

Second, this is a beautiful, fun quilt. What a great way to use up scraps and your quilting is gorgeous!

BrendaLou said...

love the way it turned out!!!!

Quiet Quilter said...

Some quilts just insist on becoming "Here"....I love to Just Sew and see where it leads me..

Sarah Craig said...

That is a very fun quilt - and your quilting is awesome!! Whoop whoop!!