Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's Raining and Cold, but There are Always Quilts!

A cold front has settled in today, hopefully to be gone by tomorrow.  I've finished a couple of quilts ready to show you here.

This one is one I committed to for the NewFO Challenge--see side bar!
The close-up is here

 This one has a rust colored flannel backing and DH has claimed it!

The other one:
This one will go to
 I struggled a bit with the quilting.  I started with a thread that just seemed too heavy for what I wanted and it was yellow which is a color that shows a lot in the quilt.  I was a bit disappointed, but I just didn't want to pick it out, so I forged ahead.  After it was washed--all my worries about it washed away.  It puffed up nicely and the quilting seemed to blend into the type of quilt I had started.  It's hanging now on my banister before I send it off and I just love it.  I hope someone who receives it will love it as well!


My little flowers in front are getting some rain today!
Linking over to Sarah here for a Whoop Whoop!

14 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Good for you! Two great quilts, two great finishes.

Debbie said...

Both are great but really really like the NUFO finish. Simple and very effective. Super job.

Bridget said...

I am always a fan of "parts department" quilts.....this one is lovely!

Kat said...

They're both great! I love the quilting on the first one and the second one... wow, so many tiny pieces! I am sure whoever receives that quilt will love it!

Jevne said...

I just discovered your blog and have bookmarked it so that I can visit again. Enjoyed looking at your quilts and have to say that the one on your header is my absolute favorite! Love it!

Jevne said...

I just discovered your blog and have bookmarked it so that I can visit again. Enjoyed looking at your quilts and have to say that the one on your header is my absolute favorite! Love it!

KatieQ said...

Two great quilts. I can definitely understand why your husband wants to keep the brown quilt. It's beautiful, not to mention having a cozy flannel backing. That's going to be a great quilt for the H2H challenge.

Kathy T. said...

I'm just catching up on blogs after my vacation and love all of your April quilts. The brown/rust is gorgeous ... and the house/baskets will be loved wherever it goes. The Dervish is marvelous ... as are the bed quilts. Loved every minute of reading your posts.

Sarah Craig said...

What wonderful quilts! Your NUFO quilt is so nice - very manly, so it's no surprise your hubby wants it! And I love the H2H quilt - it looks like you could look at it for days and see something new every time!! Whoop whoop!!

Sarah Craig said...

What wonderful quilts! Your NUFO quilt is so nice - very manly, so it's no surprise your hubby wants it! And I love the H2H quilt - it looks like you could look at it for days and see something new every time!! Whoop whoop!!

Sue Daurio said...

what great quilts. Love the manly feel to the NUFO, manly quilts are hard for me, yours is wonderful! And you H2H quilt is incredible. So many things on that quilt to see. Love it.

Helen in the UK said...

Two more finishes - woo hoo! Particularl like the basket one :)

Barbara said...

These are great quilts! Love the colors.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilts!