Friday, April 13, 2012

Oooh, That Feels Good!

A finish of a quilt sometimes just evokes a sigh of relief and accomplishment.  It is so satisfying to sew that last stitch into the binding and then take a look at the finished quilt!
It was so great to get the quilt in the mail from my fellow quilter in Moab, who quilted it for me:  Tommye Paddock.  She is such an artistic quilter as this quilt proves.  She can see lines and swirls within the quilt pattern and then she puts a needle to them!

I'll be putting this quilt in Salt Lake City,  HMQS  from May 10-12. The Delicate Stitchers, a quilt guild in Moab, to which I belong, has been asked to display some of their quilts.  So a little dream I wrote down in a notebook a long time ago will come to fruition.

Linking over to Sarah HERE:

13 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I can see the excitement! How wonderful and a national show too - congratulations.

Pattilou said...

Thanks Sharon!
Well, my excitement got away from me--the show in Salt Lake City will have national teachers, but is a Utah show. It draws many quilters from other states. I've reworded my blog! But, I'm still excited still the same.
Thanks for the comments!
Pat

Barbara said...

Gorgeous quilt!

Kat said...

So beautiful! I have been using "stitch in the ditch" for many years, I've only done FMQ on one quilt so far. I'm so inspired when I look at this quilt, though. The FMQ transforms this from "pretty blocks" to "gorgeous quilt." Love it!

Sue Daurio said...

What a beautiful quilt. Love the colors and the quilting is awesome.

Miki Willa said...

What an astonishing quilt! I love the vibrancy and excitement.

QuiltSue said...

Woww, that's amazing.

Katie said...

What a gorgeous quilt! The quilting makes it really special!

Sarah Craig said...

How beautiful! Love the colors, motion, and the quilting is just the icing on the cake! Whoop whoop!!

Carol E. said...

Wow, the quilting is gorgeous! That is quite a work of art!

Unknown said...

The quilt turned out beautiful! It will be great to see it in person.

Unknown said...

The quilt turned out beautiful. It will be great seeing it in person.

Peggy said...

Those last two comments by unknown are by me... Trying to learn how to comment on a blog!