Monday, April 9, 2012

Strings Found and Sewn!

While making some other string blocks last week, I found a little plastic shoe box holding the end pieces of two of my favorite quilts.  I started making them into a quilt and then I paused--they were perfect for a shower curtain valance--well hopefully. 

I remade the design into this:
I've laid it out on the bed (my design wall for this Monday!) by the other quilt that is at the foot of the bed.  I've purchased a rod--had to buy a curtain rod as shower rods don't extend to 75 inches.  I'm hoping it isn't going to be too heavy.  I'll just quilt it onto backing with no batting.  I cut a backing, but had figured the cutting incorrectly and luckily I had more of the backing!  It should be pretty easy going from here!  Hoping to finish it this week.  The white bathroom could use more color!

Linking over to Patchwork Times Here:

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You are the String Queen for sure. This is very striking.

Bridget said...

I haven't made a string quilt for a while. Thanks for the inspiration.