Friday, April 6, 2012

Whoop Whoop Friday!

I've taken a break from making the strings I showed on Monday.  Actually, I decided to make a large bedsized quilt from those strings, by adding a few fabrics to the mix.  If my son likes it, he'll have a bed quilt for his new home!  (If not, I'll start something else)

He did finish a bookcase and texted me a picture and pleaded for a little quilt to cover the top as he uses it for a TV stand too.  I had a postage stamp quilt top and thought maybe I could use what I had assemble, but it was too big.  I had a few squares left and made a few more and made this little quilt.  It has some red binding cut and maybe I'll get to it today.  But, this is my only "finish" for the week.
And I tried my hand at some feathers in the blank space.
Sorry for the shadows--it's still dark and I didn't get very good light.

I'm linking over to Sarah HERE

Happy weekend everyone.

6 comments:

Diane E W said...

This is too cute for a TV to sit on LOL. I would have it hanging on a wall.

Kat said...

This is too pretty to put a TV on :-)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I agree - it need to be 'seen' not covered.

KatieQ said...

Lately, I just can't get enough of postage stamp style quilts. This one is really great. I love the quilting in the white border. Nothing improves TV like a quilt.

Sue Daurio said...

Hopefully your son has one of the newer TVs that are thin and small pedestal, so that pretty quilt can be see and functional. It really is pretty (hmmm can you say that for a guy quilt) How about, it really is awesome!!

Quiet Quilter said...

Love being reminded how simple blocks are so stunning....