Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's been awhile...

Since fighting the flu, I've not posted for a week--nor have I sewn much.  But this morning I completed two sets of blocks using my African animal fabric.  I received a suitcase full of designer fabrics from my sister and would like to make a crazy quilt from them, so I was trying some techniques before going to those heavier fabrics. 

First I tried making a block on a foundation.  I already had some 10 inch fabric cut for the foundation and I got these four from that.
The next set, I tried using a log cabin type sewing to go for a larger block that I could send to Sunshine for the June lotto which requires pink and green.  I got these:
I like the results of a smaller block, but the practice blocks will work well for the lotto as donations are made from those blocks that eventually go to Rotoplast missions that use the quilts made for children who are coming out of the cleft palate surgery.  I got a little better at the process by the fourth block which is the one on the lower left, but all will be welcome I am sure!

No comments: