Friday, May 18, 2012

Whoop! Whoop!

It's Friday!  I returned earlier this week from a visit to Vegas with my sister.  I was amazed that it took me a day to recover from the flight and just the trip.  The let down after a trip occurred, but now I think I'm on track!  She gave me a bit of pink fabric and I started playing with some animal print I had.  I came up with just three blocks.  But, I have an idea for either a quilt for my neighbor or a donation quilt.  Anyhow that is still in my head, but these are the blocks.
Alycia over at Alyciasquilts blogged about some tops I made for her.  I didn't get pictures before I boxed them up and sent them on their way.  Luckily they arrived in Colorado safely!
Flannel strips into a kid's quilt top.
Backing I made from some scraps she sent and a two yard piece I'd just purchased in blue!  So glad I had the blue on hand, as my blues are in very short supply!
This one is from the scraps and a few additions from my stash.  Another Wonky quilt top.  She'll quilt and use them for QOV--at least the bottom two.  The little flannel number, I'm not sure how she'll use it.  It's quite invigorating to use someone else's scraps and make a quilt from them!

Linking over to Sarah here

4 comments:

Kat said...

Your animal blocks are AWESOME!!! My two daughters would go nuts for a quilt like that!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Your animals are just sweet. Now I would not have thought of pink with animals - but hey, baby animals, why not!

Sarah Craig said...

I really like your animal blocks! That pink makes them very interesting. And how wonderful that your orphan blocks can be put to good use!! Whoop whoop!!

Anonymous said...

You have some genuinely beneficial information composed here. Good job and keep posting good stuff.