Monday, June 4, 2012

Design Wall Monday 6/4/2012

I haven't put anything on my design wall for quite awhile.  I combined four blocks I played with and added some string blocks.  I hope to get to it today and finish the top and get it ready for quilting.

First I put the blocks together like this
The foundation started at 10 inches and I added the picture and then tried a crazy patch type block.  I had ordered some pinks and greens because I didn't have much on hand and when they came, I decided that black and white dot would make a cute center strip for a string block.  I then made 12  nine and a half inch blocks from that.  They could be placed with either the green or the pink next to the crazy blocks.  I opted for the green to give a bit more contrast.  I plan to border this with a 2 inch strip of black and white dot and then I'll audition for the final border.

Linking over to Patchwork Times

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is such a cute string quilt with the wee animal blocks - love it!

Chris said...

Love the colors in your string blocks. The bit of black is great.

Linda said...

Very cute! And I love your colors.

Richard Healey said...

Love the animals cute.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Sue Daurio said...

I love the strings and the only thing that makes them cuter is baby animals. That monkey is a keeper :)