Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bits and Pieces of This and That!

I delivered the quilts I've finished for Project Linus.  I grabbed this shot of them folded and ready to be bagged.
 It feels good to free up some space in the closet!

So much going on that I didn't do some of the FMQ Challenges, so I worked on July's Challenge found HERE   I had some fun with this one and tackled a variation of the challenge on a quilt I was quilting.
 The block on the pre-made quilt that is reserved for these monthly challenges looks like this:
 The hardest part for me was making the tiles and I still need some practice, but it was fun and I'm sure I'll get more practice by applying to some quilt tops already made and awaiting quilting.  Now, I just need to get in the mood--relax the shoulders and remember to breathe!


                              *****************************************************
I finished two tops to my satisfaction now.  I'm not sure how I'll quilt them or if I'll send them out.  These started as http://quiltinggallery.com/learning-center/beginners-quilt-along/   but I'll be the first to admit I'm just not good at BOM's or quilt alongs.  I get impatient or lose interest as the month's drag along.  On the beginner's quilt along, I got inspired to use some fabric that I had and I didn't have enough of the same tone for the background and ended up with two quilts ready to go.  Now that I've got these bordered I'm happy with them and I'm leaving the quilt along as I have completed (although not to the group specifications) my own intent for starting the quilt along.  I do have one more quilt from the "rolie polie" of Riley Blake's All Sport Fabric for SALE HERE



I'm posting this on Thursday, an I'll probably have more for a Whoop Whoop Friday, but for now I'm leaving you with a beautiful shot from our backyard.  Gotta love the sunsets here!

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just wonderful work your do. Love your versatility. Oh, the sunset is just gorgeous!

Quiet Quilter said...

I would love to jump into that pile of quilts! They look so inviting and comfy...

grapes and hearts said...

Wow, such a generous donation!
And I love your two graphic new quilt tops!
Greetings from Germany
Christine

Karen said...

Wow! Lots of great donation quilt. Beautiful sunset. Thanks for sharing.

LynCC said...

Wow - the one with the black is really striking!

Sarah Craig said...

Pattilou, your quilts are beautiful, and I especially love that stack going to Project Linus! Whoop whoop!!