Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's Hot Outside and Smokin' in Here!

Finished up the last of the quilts I've quilted this week for Project Linus. 

First I found some orphan blocks that were 9 inch blocks.  I usually use 12 inch blocks for Sunshine Quilters, so these have been in a drawer for some time.  Well, I started putting them together Sunday evening and couldn't go to bed until I had them on the design wall.  I just needed to add three blocks, and found some black and white pre-cut squares so I used them in with the other blocks. 

Here's the finished quilt.
And the cute fabric I found in the drawer that I used for the backing.

This is the design wall as I played with the blocks.

Next is the finish of the little quilt I blogged about last week.

And then the backing used up a stray piece of fabric that was just right with the leftover pieces sewn into a strip.
Next is this little African inspired number


 Adding these three quilts to 100 Quilts for Kids at Swim, Bike, Quilt




I found a small piece on my cutting table that allowed me to make this design
from this that I just wasn't too excited about

I'll get that made into a quilt top soon!

Then I started a medallion for the Sunshine Yahoo Group.  I totally forgot to mail it to the next person, today.  I must get that off tomorrow!
This will be completed and sent either to Wrap A Smile or Wrap Them in Love, depending on the size it finishes out to be.


Well, that's it for now!  I feel like I'll go put my feet up and watch TV!

10 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow - you were 'smokin' - so many lovely quilts and things going on. I just am in love with the first on - bright, fun, use 'um up. Gotta love it.

Bridget said...

You have been a busy bee! And I have been staring at a little wall hanging I completed last night trying to get the gumption to quilt it!

beth said...

WONDERFUL. wonderful. QUILTS!

Elaine M said...

Lovely quilts. Love how the orphan and B&W look together.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love all your quilts, but especially like that first one. i would never have thought to put the different squares together like that. It makes for a stunning quilt.

Pat Fryer said...

The black and white squares are a brilliant addition to the orphan block quilt.

KatieQ said...

You really have been busy creating lots of great quilts. I love the first quilt with the mixture of blocks. It will be perfect for Project Linus. The African quilt has some really cool fabric. With all the sewing you have been doing, I can definitely picture a puff of smoke rising above your sewing machine.

Sarah Craig said...

Such wonderful quilts, Pattilou!! And so many of them - lots of quilty hugs there! Thanks for linking up to Quilting For Good Tuesdays!!

The Thompsons said...

Oh my goodness - they're adorable!

quilt happy said...

i love that quilt you bloged about last week