Monday, July 23, 2012

It's Time to Deal with This!

I've touched this little picture of sunflowers so many times since I bought it over 6-7 years ago, that I decided it was time to make it into a wall hanging.  I just liked the print.  I purchased it on a whim when I was on a group quilting expedition to Arizona a few years back--don't even remember for sure when it was.  But, now I'm trying something and I'm not even sure it will work.

Here's what I've done so far.

And here's my pallet:
 I haven't a clue how far out I'll go--I guess enough until I feel like it is finished.  I'm just going along and selecting "tiles" as I go.  They are 1.5 inch pieces and I don't want the wall hanging to get too big.  

It's just playtime for now...no rules--just following what feels okay! 

Link over to other quilter's design walls at Patchwork Times

14 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, this is pretty and like where this is going - tiny playing pieces - my favorite!

Becky said...

Fun! I like it so far. Beautiful picture piece to start with.

Hilachas said...

It's going to be lovely. I've toyed with the idea of doing something like this using hexagons but then decided I don't need ANOTHER UFO. Can't wait to see your finished item.

ANudge said...

Coming along beautifully!

Debbie said...

Very neat. I like the direction you are going with this.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is beautiful...love the colour palette!

Terri said...

Love the direction this is going. What a good idea, and such a pretty panel. Please post as you progress.
Hug

Annie said...

The flower piece is beautiful and you've chosen all the right fabrics to go with it. i can't wait to see it finished.

Annie said...

The flower piece is beautiful and you've chosen all the right fabrics to go with it. i can't wait to see it finished.

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

What a grand idea! A mosaic would be challenging for me, and am looking to see how yours comes together. Please keep sharing pics of your progress.

Sue Daurio said...

Wow, very creative. Love how it looks so far, amazing colors.

Kim said...

Sweet, see where it takes you and show us again over at Judy's :0)

Happy Sewing

KatieQ said...

The colors you picked are just perfect. I love the 1.5 inch pieces. They almost look like a pixel drawing.

* said...

You have done such a good job choosing the "tiles". They blend so well with the print background. Looking forward to how this comes out.