Thursday, July 26, 2012

Quilts Ready for Binding

I got this little quilt quilted and ready for the binding.  The printed sunflower fabric was hard to quilt and left little holes in the picture.  It was almost like quilting on paper.  I did the best I could and then just randomly started the diagonal lines into the border.  It's amazing that it worked out--I'm such a lazy quilter.  (No math on this one)

   This quilt came back from the quilter.  I need to cut the strips for this one.


Some close ups of the individual blocks:



Considering it's been a big celebration this week--Pioneer Day for Utah and a birthday for me.  The biggest celebration for me is still yet ahead.  DH and I get to go to Neil Diamond tomorrow night.  I can hardly wait.  When it was announced he was coming I announced that that was what I wanted for my birthday.  So I get to celebrate twice.  We scouted out the parking yesterday and came home and found a place that does reserve parking which is a bonus for me and my knee!   I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!


Linking over to Sara at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for a Whoop Whoop!

Since the sunflower quilt was a new project for July, I've added it to the http://catpatches.blogspot.com/2012/07/july-newfo-linky-party-and-giveaway.html

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Really love the sunflower mini! Gosh - need to kick me in the pants to get some finishes.

Brita said...

Especially love the sunflower! You did a great job with the color arrangement. And the blues are just luscious, whoop whoop!

Quilter Kathy said...

I just LOVE your sunflower! I made a tiny one a couple of years ago, but seeing your quilt makes me want to make a bigger one! Great job with the colours!

Carla said...

Wow Patti those looks so pretty! Love the yellows and the purples. Great work!

Terri said...

Love that sunflower mini. That would be a wonderful idea for a full sized quilt. The colors are so cheerful, too. Yummy!
Hugs

Sarah Craig said...

That little sunflower quilt is so cute! Sorry it was a pain to quilt, but it looks good! And your sampler quilt is really pretty too! Whoop whoop!!

Sara said...

The sampler is gorgeous!! The colors are breathtaking!

Have fun at the Neil Diamond concert!!

Barbara said...

Beautiful work. I love the colors you've used. I saw Neil diamond when I lived in Phoenix and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. There were people of all ages there. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.