Saturday, July 7, 2012

Riley Blake All Sports Fabric Quilt Tops

I've been sewing some basic nine patch quilt tops and have used one Jelly Roll of Riley Blake All Sports 2.5" Fabric Strips.

This is a top of 12 12" squares and is ready for a border.

This is from another shade I didn't think really looked good with the cream


The above set is on my design wall now.  I'm not sure how I'll use these blocks.  As you can see, by adding some other fabrics, I've made the jelly roll go a long ways.  I've run out of the beige fabric above and I don't know how other fabrics will play with this.  I'm thinking I may use a black sashing.  Still not sure...

These are from the blues and reds.  Again, I'm not sure how I'll use these blocks.  Maybe I'll just send them on to Sunshine for the Lotto drawing for July as it is for novelty fabrics.  I have more red and some tan, and of course the black and white that I bought recently on  http://www.stitch-n-frame.net/ (Thursday Special).   I could get three quilts out of the starts from the jelly roll!  It's just a matter of making them look good and play well with each other.  I realize that these are my design wall musings and may not be the best representation of the fabric line. 

I have two jelly rolls left and I'm really not wanting to play with them so I've added them on Ebay


No comments: