Monday, July 16, 2012

Three More Quilts--These are for Boys!

Being the mom to three boys, I am acutely aware of making quilts for boys.  Girl quilts are fun to make and I love girl quilts, but boys have a need too, so I've been trying to make sure to have some that are boy friendly.

These two are cowboy themed and made from a panel with some borders added to bring the size up for a youngster.  These will go in the bag that I'll soon be dropping off for Project Linus.  The bag is big and needs to go either today or tomorrow!  (11 quilts total)
Here is another that could go for a boy, especially with the backing that I used, but it really could go either way.  The nurses will decide how best to use it I'm sure.
 There are some other quilts I'll get to soon enough, but for now they are folded on a hanger and neatly put away.  I've got one other quilt I'm going to sandwich--a postage stamp quilt and I'm not sure if it will be mine or my oldest son's!

Linking over to 100 Quilts for Kids Here  to add these three quilts.  And to Quilts are for Giving HERE

9 comments:

straythreads said...

Boy quilts are fun especially a challenge to make so they aren't babyish.

April said...

I love your cowboy quilts!!! so adorable as usual! :)

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on more great finishes! I often do boy-friendly for Project Linus. Pretty, girly quilts are easy, but boy-friendly takes more effort and not as many get donated. Let's hear it for the boy quilts :)

West Michigan Quilter said...

Great finishes. I love your quilts and wish I could get my act together and make more charity quilts. Great job!

beth said...

Wow! These are sooo great!

Elaine M said...

Fun, wonderful quilts, they will be loved.

Carol E. said...

Nice quilts! I must be mindful of boy quilts more often. Thanks for the reminder.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Hurray for quilts for boys. I couldn't agree more. Thanks for linking up to 100 Quilts for Kids.

KatieQ said...

These are definitely fun boy quilts. I saw all of the goodies you bought on your shopping trip. That hoop was a tremendous bargain. I wonder if your sewing machine breathed a sigh of relief when you brought the hoop through the door.