Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cleaning Up the Scraps!

I don't like to have the scraps get away from me when I make some quilts and the recent round of focus fabrics needed to be dealt with and not mixed in with my other scraps.  Well, that said, that's just my opinion and my way of dealing with the scraps.  This week I've been making crumb blocks from the scraps and have just about enough for one quilt that I have in mind for these.
 My monitor bit the dust Monday and so I went shopping and didn't get these posted on Monday, but I did get another little quilt made from some cat fabric.  I used a coupon at JoAnn's and got the front and back done for a little quilt, but it's in the guest bedroom and we have guests so I guess you'll have to wait on that one.

I did finish this binding and the quilt is now part of my office on a little love seat there.

That's probably "it" for this week as I think I'll be spending some time with our little guests--two of our grandchildren from Idaho!  Dad is doing business in SLC at an outdoor retailers market because he's a buyer for a big outdoor/ranching firm based in Idaho and doing business in several places throughout Utah and Idaho.

Sharing this on Whoop Whoop! 

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the cat scrap blocks in the works. Enjoy the wee ones!

Miri said...

The crumb blocks look like you're getting ready for Fall! Love the finished quilt!

Captain StitchyPants said...

Love that blue quilt, it's very cute!

LynCC said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! I just love its blues, and the lime back is wonderful.

Sarah Craig said...

The crumb blocks are wonderful - such rich colors! And I love your blue quilt, with that wonderful pop of lime on the back! Whoop whoop!!

em's scrapbag said...

Your quilt is lovely. Enjoy those grandbabies!

KatieQ said...

The blue quilt is wonderful and I love the lime green on the back. The cat scrap blocks look like fun.