Friday, August 17, 2012

Whoop! Whoop!

Each night, I have a little more energy, so I must be getting used to them being here, but today we take them home.  It's been a great visit and I'm so glad I decided to invite them here for a visit!  We got jammies made for one and a quilt started for another.  Thank goodness for netflix as it saved me from the mindless Disney kid shows--what has happened to TV for kids.  The shows I watched made girls look like idiots--so we had a conversation about it and found Annie and Matilda on the streaming and they watched those!

Yesterday we had a big party:
       A local cupcake bakery set up a table for us and we had sandwiches, Italian sodas and of course--nope not cupcakes, they chose a yummy cheesecake dessert!  They were excited and we drove in my PT convertible to the bakery--with the top down no less!
                                      *******************************************

Luckily, I did get some quilting done before they came:
I didn't get a really good shot of the quilting, but I used some circles and I have to say I'm getting better at them than when I first tried them.  These almost look like basketballs!

Other quilting finishes HERE

Linking up for a Whoop Whoop! HERE
and
TTIF

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, kid's shows have gotten really terrible - there is no TV when my little ones are here. We spend time outside or creating - but then they are only here a few hours.

April said...

Ahhhh! so cute! You made their visit so special. Have a great weekend.

LynCC said...

Cute quilt, and what a fun time with the granddaughters - love that tea party. Good job on pointing out the goof factor and providing better models. LOVE Matilda! :)

Sarah Craig said...

Great finishes this week, and i know you had a wonderful time with your granddaughters!! Whoop whoop!!

Anonymous said...

Pattilou is still the best looking woman anywhere close. Great pics of the family.