Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Blanket of Snow--Now Can I Please Get to Work!!!

Let's see--

              Machine down

              Machine fixed

              Machine down

              Contracted the flu

              Featherweight tension just not right--may need repair

              Bernie's BACK!!!

Sewing Again!

I'm not sure I know what to start on!  While I puttered on my Featherweight, I did do a few projects of piecing--at least until it went bonkers yesterday afternoon.

I finished one top using my Dr. Seuss scraps:
 I got a couple of rows done on this:
 It may be the lingering effects of the flu, but I've just lost my excitement for this quilt.  I chose some fabric that I bought online--it's lovely Laurel Burch, but I'm not sure if it really does justice to the nine patches.  I don't know if the nine patches will look like stars with those little tiny stars imprinted on the fabric.  I may put it away for awhile--partly because I just got sick of trying to piece it on the Featherweight--now I know lots of people like Featherweights and I got caught up in that, but when I use it, I just miss my Bernina!



I've got lots of starts I can finish--just waiting for inspiration!  I'll go finish some HST's while I decide!  :)


3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I'm sure once you get Bernie humming, you will be inspired again.

Bridget said...

Wow! Even with all the travail you still have a quilt to show for it. Amazing!

I think we may be getting your snow tonight, south of you in New Mexico.

Helen in the UK said...

Hoorah that Bernie is back! The snow looks so pretty ... as long as you can stay nice and warm inside and admire the beauty :)